ITK 3.8 was released on July 30. The major changes in this release include:
- Introduction of the Diffeomorphic Demons deformable registration family of classes contributed by Tom Vercauteren et. al, in their Insight Journal paper.
- ImageIO classes to read Phillips/PAR/REC files and Bruker2D files, contributed by Don Bigler et. al, in their paper to the Insight Journal.
- Slice-by-Slice filter contributed by Gaetan Lehmann in his paper to the Insight Journal.
- FFT & Helper classes for Complex image manipulations contributed by Simon Warfield in his Insight Journal paper.
- ImageIO classes for CUB file format, contributed by Pablo Burstein et. al, in their Insight Journal paper.
- Added support for the GCC 4.3 compiler
- Added support for Visual Studio 9 – 2008 (both 32- and 64-bit).
- Many bugs fixed thanks to the contributions of volunteers in the “Adopt-a-Bug” program. Thanks to all of them!
More details about this release can be found here.