is taking place on May 31-June 1.
In last year’s edition of this event:
- More than 11,000 citizens representing government, businesses, nonprofits, technologists, and entrepreneurs participated in
- More than 95 simultaneous civic hacking events
- In 83 cities across the US as part of the first ever National Day of Civic Hacking.
- Dozens of local governments attended and supported civic hackers in their cities and
- 21 Federal government agencies and departments opened up new sets of data and developed challenges for civic hackers to tackle across the country.
This year, the Albany Hackathon will take place at
- State University of New York at Albany
- New Business Building
- Room BB 209
- Saturday May 31st
- 10am – 5pm
The event is being organized by Kitware, the College of Computing and Information at SUNY Albany, The University of Albany Student Chapter of The Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T).
If you are in the Albany area, please join us to hack on projects of Civic interest.
For other cities, you can find many of the other events in the HackforChange.org web site.