This release include the following major fixes:
Rendering translucent geometries: The depth peeling code was revamped for 5.1.0 which introduced two issues: first, it didn’t work as expected in client-server configurations when rendering remotely; second, it had issues with multiple windows/views were present. Both these issues are now fixed. A new environment variable, VTK_USE_LEGACY_DEPTH_PEELING is also added to force using the older version of the depth peeling code.
Exodus reader: A bug in Exodus reader was causing the reader to improperly read files with no timesteps. That should now be fixed.
Minimum CMake version: The minimum CMake version needed to compile ParaView has now been reduced to 3.3.
A few other minor fixes/improvements include:
- Fixed the “?” button to show filter documentation.
- Add option to Ghost Cells Generator filter to specify the number of ghost levels to generate.
- Cinema SpecB was not revolving the camera around the data centroid, as expected. Fixed that.
- Added a Catalyst example for the new zero-copy array class.
- Fixed Examples/Catalyst/PythonFullExample when running with pvpython.
For build details on the binaries distributed, refer to the ParaView Wiki.