In January 2008, Kitware released CMake 2.4.8. This is expected to be the last CMake release in the 2.4.X branch. 2.4.8 has many bug fixes over 2.4.7. Some highlights are:
- Visual Studio 9 support
- CMakeSetup.exe works with Windows Vista with no elevation of permissions.
- Improved FindQt4
- Fixes to FindPkgConfig
- Allow NODEFAULTLIBS to have more than one value
- Suppress regeneration of makefiles during try compile avoid infinite. Loop in trycompile with some VS 2005 builds.
- Allow for debug libraries in InstallRequiredSystemLibraries. cmake for vs8
- Fix for cpack and messing up PATH with NSIS
- Fix for exception handling flags in VS 2003 and up
- Fix for kde4-config location
- Fix for self extracting .sh files on solaris
- Fix for version numbers on NetBSD
- Add more search directories (install prefix and cmake location)
- Include WindowsPaths in Windows.cmake not just Windows-cl.cmake
- Make #cmakedefine output match autoconf when undefined
- Add support for DragonFly and GNU hurd
For a full list of features and bug fixes, see the announcement in the CMake mailing list archives.